Michael Tippett - A Child Of Our Time
|1||Fourth Dance: Fire In Summer. The Voluntary Human Sacrifice|
|3||Transformation ‒ Preparation For The Second Dance|
|4||Ritual Dances From The Midsummer Marriage|
Conductor – John PritchardOrchestra – Orchestra Of The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden
|7||Preparation For The Fourth Dance|
|8||First Dance: The Earth In Autumn. The Hound Chases The Hare|
|9||Second Dance: The Waters In Winter. The Otter Chases The Fish|
|10||Prelude ‒ Transformation ‒ Preparation For The First Dance|
|11||Third Dance: The Air In Spring. The Hawk Chases The Bird|
|12||A Child Of Our Time|
Bass Vocals – Richard StandenChoir – Royal Liverpool Philharmonic ChoirConductor – John PritchardContralto Vocals – Pamela BowdenLyrics By [Oratorio Text] – TippettOrchestra – Royal Liverpool Philharmonic OrchestraSoprano Vocals – Elsie MorisonTenor Vocals – Richard Lewis
|13||Transformation ‒ Preparation For The Third Dance|
|DPA 571-2||Tippett - Elsie Morison, Pamela Bowden, Richard Lewis , Richard Standen, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra And Choir, John Pritchard||Tippett - Elsie Morison, Pamela Bowden, Richard Lewis , Richard Standen, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra And Choir, John Pritchard - A Child Of Our Time / Ritual Dances From 'The Midsummer Marriage' (2xLP, RE)||Argo||DPA 571-2||UK||1977|
|DA 19 & 20||Michael Tippett||A Child Of Our Time (2xLP, Mono, Gat)||Argo||DA 19 & 20||UK||1963|
|DPA 571-2||Tippett - Elsie Morison, Pamela Bowden, Richard Lewis , Richard Standen, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra And Choir, John Pritchard||Tippett - Elsie Morison, Pamela Bowden, Richard Lewis , Richard Standen, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra And Choir, John Pritchard - A Child Of Our Time / Ritual Dances From 'The Midsummer Marriage' (2xLP)||Argo||DPA 571-2||UK||1977|
|ZDA 19 & 20||Michael Tippett||A Child Of Our Time (2xLP, Gat)||Argo||ZDA 19 & 20||UK||Unknown|
|ZDA 19/20||Tippett||A Child Of Our Time (2xLP, Box)||Argo||ZDA 19/20||UK||1963|
- Composed By – Michael Tippett
- Mastered By [Sides 2, 3 and 4] – G
- Sleeve Notes [© London, 1958] – John Amis
This is the first UK stereo version.
For a later version with non-grooved labels and a slightly different label layout see A Child Of Our Time.
For a still later boxed version with yellow labels see A Child Of Our Time.
- Large dark purple labels with silver text
- Deep groove in the label area
- The Argo logo appears in an oval
- "Argo Record Co. Ltd." below logo
- "Recording first published 1958"
- "Made in England" at bottom
- Gatefold sleeve, laminated on front and back
- Straight flipbacks on top and bottom inside the gatefold
- The Argo logo on the front appears in an oval
- No Category printed on spine
- All text is in English only
- "Laminated with 'Clarifoil' made by British Celanese Limited"
- "These recordings were made in association with The British Council and originally released in 1958"
- "Made in England"
- "Argo Record Company Limited 113 Fulham Road London SW3"
- "Printed by Graphis Press Limited"
- Originally released in 1958 in mono only on Pye CCL 30114 and Pye CCL 30115.
- Corresponding mono version has Category DA 19 & 20
- Sub tracks on side 4 are not banded on vinyl
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 1, stamped): ZRG-2451-2R C KT 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 2, stamped): ZRG-2453-1G B 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 3, stamped): ZRG-2454-2G U MT 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 4, stamped): ZRG-2452-1G G KT 1
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label, side 1, upside down): ZRG 2451
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label, side 2, upside down): ZRG 2453
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label, side 3, upside down): ZRG 2454
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label, side 4, upside down): ZRG 2452
- Rights Society: M.C.P.S.
- Rights Society (Boxed): B.I.E.M.
- Other (Tax code, on labels): M/T
- Other (On labels, upside down): N
- Other (Individual Category, LP 1): ZDA 19
- Other (Individual Category, LP 2): ZDA 20
- Mastered At – Decca Studios
- Pressed By – Decca Record Co. Ltd., Pressing Plant, UK.
- Printed By – Graphis Press Limited
- Copyright (c) – John Amis
- Record Company – Argo Record Company Limited
A Child of Our Time is a secular oratorio by the British composer Michael Tippett 19051998, who also wrote the libretto. Composed between 1939 and 1941, it was first performed at the Adelphi Theatre, London, on 19 March 1944. The work was inspired by events that affected Tippett profoundly: the assassination in 1938 of a German diplomat by a young Jewish refugee, and the Nazi government's reaction in the form of a violent pogrom against its Jewish population-called Kristallnacht. Tippett's oratorio. Composed between 1939 and 1941 and premiered in London in 1944, A Child of Our Time combines the monumentality of Handel and the rhythms of jazz, the massiveness of Beethoven and the lyricism of the madrigal with the passionate pacifism and the loving compassion that was all Tippett's own. For fans of Tippett, though there were surely later works and arguably even greater works, A Child of Our Time is the work nearest and dearest to their hearts. A Child of Our Time of Michael Tippett, performed by the Concertkoor Haarlem and Het Promenade Orkest, feat. the soloists Claudia Patacca soprano. Альбом 2002 Песен: 30. BBC Choral Society-Tippett: A Child of our Time, Part 1 - Now In Each Nation - When Shall The Userer's City Cease. Tippett: A Child of Our Time, Классическая2019. Dame Janet Baker-Tippett: A Child of our Time, Part 3 - The Soul Of Man. BBC Choral Society-Tippett: A Child of our Time, Part 3 - The Cold Deepens. Richard Cassilly-Tippett: A Child of our Time, Part 3 - I Would Know My Shadow And My Light. Tippett: A. Listen free to Sir Michael Tippett A Child Of Our Time The world turns on its dark side, I Have No Money For My Bread and more. 22 tracks 49:30. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the Negro Spirituals From The Oratorio A Child Of Our Time: By & By - BBC Singers, Stephen Cleobury. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. CD 1. Sir Michael Tippett Composer. A Child of Our Time oratorio. Part 1 Work. City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra Orchestra, Simon Halsey ChorusChoir Director, Jon Garrison Tenor, Sir Michael Tippett Conductor, John Cheek Bass, Faye Robinson Soprano, Sarah Walker Alto, City of Birmingham Symphony Chorus ChorusChoir. world turns on its dark side. of the Self-righteous: We cannot have them in our Empire. A Child of Our Time: Part 1 - VII. How can I cherish. A Child of Our Time: Part 2 - VII. Scena, 01:23. Britney One More Time. За облаками. Calvin Harris Giant. That A Child of Our Time was a rousing success at its premiere in 1944, three years after its completion, and that it has traveled better and endured longer than anything else in Tippetts extensive canon, surely owe something to the potency of those spirituals. Still, Tippetts musical achievement should not be understated
Title: A Child Of Our Time
MP3 album: 2214 mb
FLAC album: 2952 mb
Source: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Reissue, Stereo, Gatefold
№ Cat: ZDA 19 & 20