Jesse Johnson's Revue - Jesse Johnson's Revue
|1||Can You Help Me||5:22|
|2||She Won't Let Go||3:30|
|3||I Want My Girl||4:46|
|5||Be Your Man||6:49|
|6||Just Too Much||6:32|
|7||She's A Doll||4:58|
|8||Let's Have Some Fun||5:01|
|SP 6-5024, SP-6-5024||Jesse Johnson's Revue||Jesse Johnson's Revue (LP, Album)||A&M Records, A&M Records||SP 6-5024, SP-6-5024||US||1985|
|AMC 5024||Jesse Johnson's Revue||Jesse Johnson's Revue (Cass, Album)||A&M Records||AMC 5024||UK||1985|
|CS 6-5024||Jesse Johnson's Revue||Jesse Johnson's Revue (Cass, Album)||A&M Records||CS 6-5024||US||1985|
|CS-75024||Jesse Johnson's Revue||Jesse Johnson's Revue (Cass, Album)||A&M Records||CS-75024||Canada||1984|
|395 024-2||Jesse Johnson's Revue||Jesse Johnson's Revue (CD, Album)||A&M Records||395 024-2||Germany||1985|
- Art Direction – Chuck Beeson
- Bass, Vocals – Gerry Hubbard
- Design – Melanie Nissen
- Drums, Vocals – Bobby Vandell
- Engineer – David Rivkin, Jesse Johnson, Peter Martinsen
- Guitar, Lead Vocals – Jesse Johnson
- Guitar, Vocals – Michael Baker
- Keyboards, Vocals – Mark Cardenas, Tim Bradley
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Photography By – Al Beaulieu
- Producer – J. Johnson
- Written-By [All Jams] – Jesse Johnson
© 1985 A&M Records Inc. All rights reserved.
℗ 1985 A&M Records Inc. [Center label.]
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 Label): MX-63737 (SP-06-5024)
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 Label): MX-63738 (SP-06-5024B)
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 etched): SMX-63737 P2A L 38423-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 etched): SMX-63738 P2A L 38423-B
- Distributed By – Festival Records Pty. Ltd.
- Manufactured By – Festival Records Pty. Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Recorded At – Jungle Love Studios
- Mixed At – Jungle Love Studios
- Pressed By – RCA Records Pressing Plant, Indianapolis
Jesse Johnson's Revue is the debut studio album from American R&B musician Jesse Johnson, released in 1985 via A&M Records. The album peaked at 43 on the Billboard 200 and at 8 on the Billboard R&B chart. Three singles were released from the album: Be Your Man, Can You Help Me and I Want My Girl. Be Your Man was the most successful single from the album, peaking at 61 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1985. All tracks are written by Jesse Johnson. Jesse Johnson: Guitars, Vocals. Like Day, Jesse Johnson wasted no time launching a solo career he signed with A&M as a solo artist in 1984, and his first solo effort, Jesse Johnson's Revue, came out the following year. Anyone who was expecting the singerguitarist to get away from the Minneapolis sound and try something different was in for a letdown all of the material is quite derivative of Prince and the Time. A poprock classic, I Want My Girl is easily the best thing on the album. But most of the material, although decent, isn't earth-shattering - Johnson spends much of his time recycling th. Album 1985 8 Songs. Jesse Johnson. R&BSoul free to Jesse Johnson Jesse Johnson's Revue Be Your Man, I Want My Girl and more. 8 tracks 40:38. Jesse Johnson b. Jesse Woods Johnson is a musician and producer, best known as the guitarist in the original lineup of The Time. Johnson was born in Rock Island, Illinois on May 29, 1960. Johnson moved to St. Louis at the age of 9 and was raised by foster parents after his parents split up. From the 1985 LP Jesse Johnson's Revue. For those that are interested, Jesse has a 2009 album called Verbal Penetration and The Time released a CD Johnson. Released 1985. Jesse Johnsons Revue Tracklist. Be Your Man Lyrics. I Want My Girl Lyrics. She Won't Let Go Lyrics. Play jigsaw puzzles for free Home. Jesse Johnson's Revue, 1985. Be Your Man, 06:49. I Want My Girl, 04:47. Guitar, Lead Vocals, Engineer, Written-By Jesse Johnson. Guitar, Vocals Michael Baker 25. Keyboards, Vocals Mark Cardenas, Tim Bradley. Jesse Johnson's Revue LP, Album. A&M Records. Jesse Johnson's Revue 1984. Album by Jesse Johnson. I Want My Girl. was sampled in. Farewell by Luxury Elite 2013. Be Your Man. The Twin City Rapp by The Twin City Rappers 1985. Album: Jesse Johnson's Revue. Have This Want This. Album Info This Release. Visitor rating. Release date label labelcode medium genre submit corrections